Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Shadow Pirates

Talking with a friend, he told me his son is reading comics but he doesn't like that now superheroes are darker and the women show too much cleavage  and is not suitable for kids, so I tell him there are comics and artists doing it thinking of the kids and gave him the comic "Shadow Pirates"  by Sean "Cheeks" Galloway who is a great artist.  Now let me tell you a little bit about him. First time I saw his work was during free comic book day with a Bastion 7 short story, I immediately fell in love with his style then I saw his page in DA http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/ and one day I saw the preview for The Spectacular Spider Man cartoon series and I knew he was doing the design for the characters. I've had the pleasure to meet him in person and let me tell you he's a great guy with no pretenses or diva complex, now the comic "Shadow Pirates" comes with short stories and activities for kids to enjoy, one "How to draw" page, one with sign language and even one with cords for the "Gum Shoes 4 Hire" theme song. The stories are funny, the colors and art are amazing and it's tabloid size so it's not small or regular comic book size. If you're looking for something nice and with quality for your kids, just go to his page http://tabletaffy.bigcartel.com/ and grabs yours before it's too late, cheers!

No comments: